Nanbu Tetsubin | Japanese Cast Iron Kettle | Yuzu Shape
A very rare hand-made cast iron tetsubin water kettle was introduced by the legendary Tayama Studio a few decades back. Each piece of the kettle is sand-cast, and single stamping is used to imprint the designs by hand. This Japanese Cast Iron Kettle maintains the higher boiling temperatures of water and softens its taste. The kettle is highly sought after by Puerh and aged oolong aficionados. Due to its high demand, it takes about 1-2 years to complete.
- Soap, oil, and salt should never come near your cast iron kettle.
- Don't use anything abrasive to scrub your tetsubin kettle.
- Don't try anything to protect the interior part of your kettle, as a natural mineral layer will build up over time and would protect the interior part of the kettle.
- Only a tetsubin unlined tea kettle can be used to heat water on a stove.
- Avoid pouring cold water into the hot kettle or boiling hot water into cold tetsubin.
- Don't allow your kettle to contact any heating element when dry.
- Gentle heat and cold to protect the Nanbu Tetsubin from any kind of damage.
|Height *Including the handle||8.85inch||7.85inch||7.25inch|