Donabe Black Whale - Banko Ware
This donabe was made with great care by skilled craftsmen in Yokkaichi City, Mie Prefecture, which produces the largest amount of donabe (clay pot) in Japan.
A donabe with a Black Whale that has a gentle and beautiful knob. The inside is a cream color that makes it easy to see the color of the soup. Due to the characteristics of the glaze, there are individual differences in shades and areas where the glaze does not jump.
- Ideal for 1 person
- Capacity: 0.95 qt (900 ml)
- Donabe measures H: 4.5" Diameter: 7.65"
- Ideal for 2 - 3 people
- Capacity: 2.5 qt (2400 ml)
- Donabe measures H: 6.1" Diameter: 9.85"
- Ideal for 4 - 5 people
- Capacity: 3.4 qt (3200 ml)
- Donabe measures H: 6.1" Diameter: 11.4"
Made in Japan
Ideal for gas stove top use.
Oven-safe (up to 500℉/ 250℃)